I know that many of my constituents are looking to provide help and support in light of the ongoing situation in Ukraine. I have provided information on how to provide support and also further information on those looking to get their family members over to the UK.
Total Ukraine Scheme visas issued to people: 102,300
Data is as of 11 May 2022 and comprised of:
- Ukraine Family Scheme visas: 37,500
- Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme visas: 64,800
Total number of visas issued as of 26 April : 1,508
The UK announces more than 370 new sanctions now possible thanks to new urgent Economic Crime Act powers. After today the UK will have designated over 1,000 individuals and entities under the Russia sanctions regime, including 775 individuals of which 67 are oligarchs and their family members.
- The UK is sanctioning over 370 more individuals, 49 of which are oligarchs and their family members.
- The Economic Crime (Transparency and Enforcement) Act received Royal Assent today and this has given the Government new powers to act in the public interest and immediately designate individuals and entities under an urgent procedure.
- Russian oligarchs now subject to UK sanctions include Mikhail Fridman, Pyotr Aven, and German Khan. The oligarchs who will be sanctioned today have a combined estimated worth of more than £90 billion.
- Putin political allies now sanctioned include Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin, Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu and former President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev, punishing those most complicit in Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine.
- Meanwhile Russian propagandists who have been designated include Putin’s Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov and Russian Foreign Affairs spokeswoman Maria Zakharova, among others. A notorious internet ‘troll farm’, the Internet Research Agency, has also been sanctioned.
Oligarch’s Sanctioned Include:
- Alexey Mordaschov, a member of who are reported to be Russia’s richest family. Mordashov’s’s net worth is reported as estimated £22.4 billion. He is a majority shareholder in steel company Severstal.
- Mickhail Fridman, founder of Alfa Bank, the largest private bank in Russia. He also owns shares in LetterOne. His net worth is reported as an estimated £11.9 billion.
- German Khan, a business partner of Aven and Fridman in both Alfa Bank and LetterOne. His net worth is reported as an estimated £7.8 billion.
- Petr Aven, who was President of Alfa Bank and co-founder of LetterOne. His net worth is reported an estimated £4 billion.
- Andrey Gurvey, former head of PJSC PhosAgro and a Member of the State Duma who voted in favour of the resolution which recognised the Donetsk People's Republic and the Luhansk. His net worth is reported at an estimated £4.6 billion.
- Andrey Melnichenko, the founder of EuroChem Group. Reported estimated net worth of £13.7 billion.
- Viktor Vekselberg, owner of the Renova Group. His net worth is reported at an estimated £6.8 billion.
- Alexander Ponomarenko, chairman of the board of Sheremetyevo, the biggest airport in Russia. His estimated net worth is £2.22 billion.
- Dmitry Pumpyansky, owner and chairman of OAO TMK. His net worth is estimated at £1.84 billion.
- Vadim Moshkovich, chairman of the board of directors of Rusagro Group. His net worth is an estimated of £1.84 billion